2024: 6-week session
February 20, 2024 - March 26, 2024
Tuesdays 10 AM - 12 NOON
$155 for 6-week session, per student
Space is limited
223 Broad St.
Lake Geneva, WI
A beginning level course designed for adults who have minimal or no experience working with pastels who want to learn and explore the process and dynamics of this medium. You will lean how to apply pastels to create unique color-blends, texture, line, shape and dimension to art compositions created during class sessions. Basic drawing and composition lessons will be incorporated into the demonstrations at the beginning of each class. Lessons and instruction will be individually adapted to the various skill levels.
Week 1 – Learn how to apply and blend pastels.
Week 2 – Draw an outline of a simple 3D object.
Week 3 – General drawing lessons incorporating line and shape to create textures.
Week 4 – Continuation of Week 3.
Week 5 – Create pastel compositions from objects around you.
Week 6 – Completing compositions, reworking compositions or begin something new.
Supplies All supplies will be provided and are included in the class fee. Each registered student will receive a supply kit containing 24 pastel sticks; pastel paper; charcoal drawing pencils; white charcoal drawing pencils; and kneaded erasers.
About the Instructor
Scroll down on our Meet the Instructors page to view Christine's bio.
Cancellations & Refunds
• No refunds will be issued for no shows.
• No refunds will be issued for any dropped students during the class/session.
• Cancellations prior to the first date of class, a $10 cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund.
• Cancellations once class has begun due to personal emergency, prorated funds may be applied to a different class within an identified time-frame as approved by the class instructor.
• Class cancellation due to the Instructor of GLAF, or GLAF, a full refund with no cancellation fee will be issued.
• If a class needs to be made up, due to weather, etc., the instructor may add a make-up day to the schedule.
If you have any questions, you can contact Christine Sotos-Barrera at email@example.com