2024: August 6 - September 10, 2024
• 6-week session
• Tuesdays 1:30 - 3:30 PM
• $140 per each 6-week session, per student
• Space is limited
Session IV: October 1 - November 5, 2024
223 Broad St.
Lake Geneva, WI
The first 4-weeks of class is packed with demonstrations and instruction on “how to” do various techniques, learning how to use watercolor qualities to create beautiful paintings. The last two weeks is when the student puts all this information together to make paintings. Sharon will help with any questions and critique. At the end of the 6-weeks, the student will have enough information and some practice to paint for a long time until they are ready to move onto intermediate and/or advanced classes. We have a break after the first hour and refreshments. You will always go home with something you are proud of and is beautiful.
Supplies Needed** Watercolor Paints in tubes should include: Ultramarine Blue; Combat Blue; Yellow Ochre; Cadmium Yellow; Cadmium Red Light; Cadmium Orange; Burnt Sienna; Raw Umber; Chinese White; Sap Green and Violet. Brushes: I large and l small round brush; I flat brush; 1 fine brush (like a sign painters) ++The size of the brush is determined by what size paper you choose. Other Supplies:
1 tablet 140lb watercolor paper, cold press-you decide the size 1 good eraser and pencil 1 palette-larger better, butcher trays ideal Water container and small water spray bottle Roll of paper towels 4 reference photos of things you really love
**Generally, the higher quality material you use, the better the results. If you are not sure you will like watercolor, general supplies from Walmart is a good place to start.
Classes will be tailored to the individual and their abilities. We will begin with basic drawing techniques and then work in various mediums. Students will focus and explore using line, shape and space, as well as composition. Students will learn various drawing techniques and are strongly encouraged to develop and express their own personal style.
About the Instructor:
Scroll down on our Meet the Instructors page to view Sharon's bio.
Cancellations & Refunds:
• No refunds will be issued for no shows.
• No refunds will be issued for any dropped students during the class/session.
• Cancellations prior to the first date of class, a $10 cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund.
• Cancellations once class has begun due to personal emergency, prorated funds may be applied to a different class within an identified time-frame as approved by the class instructor.
• Class cancellation due to the Instructor of GLAF, or GLAF, a full refund with no cancellation fee will be issued.
• If a class needs to be made up, due to weather, etc., the instructor may add a make-up day to the schedule.
If you have any questions, contact the instructor, Sharon Larson, directly at: email@example.com